Stringing a perfect set of words in an SEO guide for a News Portal is not enough to get your content ranked on Google or attract the right traffic to your news website or portal. Your content should be optimized for getting higher ranks. Higher ranking increases visibility, which in turn, lifts your news portal to great heights.
Yes, you guessed it right! We are talking about Search Engine Optimization. Now the next question that must be arising in your mind is- Should I invest in SEO? Is it going to add some value to my news portal? The answer is yes.
Having a complete SEO guide for a news portal is necessary. No one can get extraordinary results with basic knowledge.
Search Engine Optimization brings organic and relevant traffic to your news portal. All you need is a strong SEO strategy to make your website a big success. It delivers impressive ROI. SEO results take time, but they are worth the wait. It helps you in reaching your target audience.
This blog is a complete SEO guide a news portal that can help you in enhancing the performance effectively.
In this SEO guide a news portal, we have talked about the relevant points in understandable language.
Why content optimization with the right keywords and tags is necessary?
Content optimization with relevant keywords and tags is more than necessary. Keyword optimization refers to researching, analyzing, and choosing the right keywords for your content to get the maximum organic traffic to your website. It is necessary for both paid and organic SEO.
Imagine producing extraordinary content and still not getting the results. Yes, this could happen, if you are not choosing the right tags and keywords for the content of your news website or portal.
One thing you should keep in mind, researching for the keyword is an ongoing process. You have to keep a check on keywords and tags for the new opportunities to expand your reach into various keyword verticals. Continuous keyword analysis and expanding the database of keywords can increase traffic for your news portal.
Let’s talk about the benefits of content optimization with relevant keywords and tags
- Brings traffic to your website
- Measure traffic potential
- Produce relevant content
- Helps in understanding user behaviour
Moving forward to another important topic- On-page SEO and off-page SEO.
On-page Search Engine Optimization
On-page SEO refers to the optimization of the content on your web page for search engines and users whereas off-page SEO refers to optimizing for signals that happen off your news website.
When we talk about on-page optimization, we mean optimizing title, tags, URLs, internal links. On-page SEO is old-school stuff, but it is still a superhero (consider your favorite).
If you want your content to get ranked, you need to optimize your content for:
- A better user experience
- Bounce rate
- A good Click-through-rate (CTR)
- Loading speed
One of the best tips for content writers is to use your target keywords in the first 100 words.
For example, our target keyword of this blog is “SEO guide for a news portal“, and we have used it at least once in the first 100 words.
Off-page Search Engine Optimization
Off-page SEO is done off a website. The main purpose of off-page Search Engine Optimization is to improve the rankings of a website. The practices that do not take place on your website and are done to get the attention of Google and other search engines are called off-page SEO.
Common off-page SEO practices that help in increasing engagement include building backlinks, mentions on other websites, social media shares. Off-page SEO increases PageRank gives exposure to your news website because of the number of links and brings traffic to your website.
How content optimization works for a news portal?
On-page SEO does not only help in improving the rankings of your website but also helps search engines to analyze your website. People visit Google or other search engines to find the answer to their questions. Google keeps updating its algorithm for providing the best user experience. Your news portal should also get updated with Google and must be optimized with the right keywords, tags to answer the queries of users.
You should consider reading the SEO guide for A news portal to remain updated with the trend.
The content of your news website can be optimized by optimizing these elements on your website:
- Keyword planning: Keyword planning is a crucial step. At this point, you have to research, analyse your content, demand and then choose the right set of keywords for your content to get ranked above your competitors. It is advisable to use long-tail keywords as 70% of searches are made using long keywords.
- Keyword density: Keyword density tells how often you have used the chosen keywords in your content. As per the experts, the keyword density in content for news portals or any other website should be 1-2%. For an instance, your content contains 500 words, the keyword should be used 5-10 times.
- Content relevancy: Content relevancy is another important factor in content optimization. It refers to how well information on a website corresponds to a search query. The different elements that are targeted while talking about relevancy include visible text, images. The main focus is on the provision of meaningful content. It is not concerned about the links between the websites.
- Readability: Would you like to read text-heavy content on a news portal? If you are not a reader or not interested in particular content, your answer must be no. That’s where readability works.
If your content is presented in a clear, concise, and readable manner, people would love to read your content. But if the whole web page looks like stuffing of words, nobody would prefer to read the content and will consider running to the competitors.
- Headings and subheadings: Let’s just get into our minds, optimization of headings and subheadings is equally important. Optimization of headings and subheadings is important as it improves user experience, eases access for the users.
It affects Search Engine Optimization deeply, so make sure you are being extra cautious with your headings and subheadings.
- Visual content optimization: Along with written content, your visual content should also be optimized. Now you have to optimize your visuals for Google search which will give an SEO boost to your content.
It improves the quality of your content, elongates the stay of the user, induces interest of the reader, and smoothens the interaction of your news portal with the users.
- Alt text for images: Alt text includes alt tags and alt descriptions. This appears when an image fails to get loaded on a web page. This text should also be optimized, which in turn, allows search engines to rank your news portal higher.
- Proper alignment and user-friendliness: Proper alignment allows a user to know where he can find certain things. It presents your news website in a more specified and organized form.
We love organized and defined things, and when it comes to the content of a web page, it should be aligned and arranged properly to offer value. Content is said to be user-friendly if it induces the interest of readers.
- URL Optimization: URL optimization offers sizeable benefits. Here your URL is optimized by including keywords, hyphens. Also, you should use lowercase letters and prefer creating short URLs for your news portal. URL should describe your content and must be short and static.
- Keep updating and relaunching new content: Move according to the trend. And it is more than necessary for a news portal to remain updated and provide updated content. Keep your portal active and keep launching optimized content, because your competition is already doing that.
Make sure keyword density is maintained if you want higher rankings and your content must be promising enough to grab the attention of users.
Our SEO guide for a news portal is incomplete without a discussion on technical SEO. Technical SEO affects the ranking of your news portal.
Audit your technical SEO to increase the reach of your news website
Technical SEO refers to the optimization of a website and server to help search engines crawl and index your site effectively. Search engines treat those websites or portals, especially those that contain certain technical characteristics.
Here is a list of guidelines that should be followed to match the search engine algorithms and get rewarded in search results.
SEO guide for a news portal
- Check and improve all crawling errors: After completing the content, run a crawl report for your news portal to find your site’s errors.This would help you in locating technical issues like duplicate content, low page speed or missing heading tags. After analysing your errors, you can consider working on them to deliver a better performance.
- Mobile-friendliness of your site: Having a mobile-friendly website is very important. It is not practically possible to open laptops for everything. And for the news portal, it is more than necessary to possess this feature.
- Fix all broken links: Fixing broken links is important for the reputation of your news portal. Imagine posting a link to some website and that link is not functioning. This could affect the reputation of your news portal and people would not consider relying on links or content of your news portal.
- HTTPS security of your site: Nowadays, HTTPS is a must. Search engines and users do not consider having access to your site if you are still using HTTP URLs. Because HTTPS is more secure and affects the ranking of your site or portal strongly.
- Site Speed Optimization: People don’t prefer to stay on a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. You can lose traffic to your competitors. Optimizing the speed of the site is more than necessary.
- Plagiarized content: It is better to post nothing rather than posting plagiarized content. Posting plagiarized content can harm the reputation of your news portal. It can even question the professionalism of your business. You may have to face legal and monetary repercussions. this is the most important part of the seo guide for a news portal.
- Schema markup: Schema markup is placed on your news portal and helps search engines to get informative results for users. It improves the understandability of your content and helps in better representation. Schema markup has become a must for SEO nowadays.
Get the SERP boost using perfect off-page strategies
We all want the SERP boost to improve the ranking of our website but without a complete SEO guide for a news portal, it is not possible to attain desired results.
Using the right off-page strategies can help you in getting a SERP boost. You can create backlinks, go for social media marketing, guest posting. Forum listings to get the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) boost using perfect off-page strategies.
- Get powerful backlinks through guest posting: Guest posting is one of the best ideas for SEO, if you are prepared do it strategically and effectively. It is the best link building strategy. You can analyse the behaviour of your content and news portal and then target powerful and high-quality websites to get backlinks.
- Get an eye over your competitors’ strategy: So, you developed an amazing SEO strategy to prove your rankings, but your competitor is still on the top. What could be the reason? Maybe good research. That’s where you have to focus. You have to give your best shot but don’t forget to keep an eye on the competitor’s strategy.
- Mention influencers on your blog: Another way of getting attention for your news portal is to mention influencers on your blog. You can consider adding links to their website or social media platforms if it is relevant to your content. This can also give SERP a boost for using off-page strategies.
Search engine optimization is the need of the hour. This SEO guide for a news portal must have convinced you why SEO is a great idea. It does not only improve your rankings but improves user experience, loading speed, and responsiveness of your website.
SEO offers promising results and delivers impressive ROI. And not using SEO could be the worst decision you can take for your news website.
Don’t waste time anymore and gift your news website with SEO services right now. Consult the best SEO agency for your business. And when looking for the best SEO services, the traffic tail is invincible. The traffic tail brags a team of SEO experts that provide premium services and offer an impeccable SEO guide for a news portal or other websites.
Consider reading or hearing the SEO guide for a news portal before investing or starting with the service. The service is fruitful but you should also be aware of what’s happening with your news portal.
Get connected with the traffic tail, as we guarantee results and work according to the demand of the owner and the need of the customers. You can also connect with another News publisher Agency to get more experience in News Industry.