Website creation is an art.
Which needs skill, perfection, and a Creative mind. Website creation is a process that is a mixture of above all specified things. If you wanna build a website for your purpose, the first thing that comes to your mind is its cost.
And then if your budget fits your requirement, you go with the plan, and if it’s not, either you drop your plan or come to debt for creating that Website.
So, how much a website cost in India……. It Depends on your requirement.
Here I will tell you everything you should know before approaching any developer for having a website to get fooled or cheated. So let’s dig it….
Now you have made your mind to develop a website for your company or Shop… Great Decision!!!
The second thing that comes to mind is “whom to offer for website development work and how much does a website cost?”
So continue reading line by line to know the actual cost of a website that fulfills your need.
Disclaimer- Charges may vary according to the service provider in India. These are only average charges.
Types of websites and their average charges in India.
If you are a shop owner or a company that sells any sort of product that’s your brand identity.
And you want your business to expand in remote areas and you don’t have that much money to invest in opening a branch. Then My Friend you indeed need an E-Commerce Website. A Website that Sells.
You can Showcase your products and stuff across the world and sell them online by taking payments through Payment gateways. And delivering your products just sitting at your Single Office.
Website Cost-: 10K to 1Lakhs ( Depending upon Company or Designer)
2. Business Websites
If you are a Small business owner or a Startup Company, you should prefer these types of websites they will help you to promote your goods and services in your local area and Will definitely Bring you more than offline.
Websites Cost– Rs.8000 to 14-15k
3. Corporate Websites
These websites are completely dynamic and perform tasks in a very quick time, these are usually preferred by large industries.
Website cost– 20K TO 50-60K
4. Educational Website
This type of Website is mostly preferred by Schools, Colleges, And Institutions. Whose purpose is to educate students and keep their records on the website.
Website Cost– 15K- 30K
5. Informational Or Blogging Websites
This kind of Website is mostly preferred by persons who want to tell something to the people or share their experiences or knowledge with everyone on the Internet.
Website Cost– 8K To 13k-15k.
What are the Main requirements that determine how much a website cost in India?
Our Website creation journey starts with Booking a suitable domain. There are various domain name providers like Bigrock, Hostgator, Godaddy, etc. Domain decides how people will search you on the Internet to ask for your Services.
Like people search www.traffictail.com to land on our Website on Google.
So, what a domain will cost for this purpose…. It depends on the extension you buy like .com, .in, .co.in etc.
The most expensive is .com. It costs around Rs.900 For 1st year. And the renewal of the domain next year will cost you around 1000 to 1200.
The Hosting for a website is like breathe in Humans. It is the space you get for your website on web servers.
The hosting comes in recurring cost that comes under the package or services provided by hosting Providers. You can buy it on a monthly basis or Annually basis.
In India, hosting costs vary between Rs.3000 to Rs.10000 on shared platforms, if you are choosing to host your website in a brand hosting provider like Godaddy and Hostinger, etc.
There are several companies in India that provide hosting services at very cheap rates in between Rs.1500 to Rs.5000.
Hosting comes in several types and each type has its importance Like shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Cloud Hosting.
-The cheapest hosting is Shared Hosting where have to share your websites with other websites on the same Web server. They cost you around Rs.1000 to Rs.3000 yearly.
–VPS Hosting is costly than shared hosting as you buy it for your single-use. No other website can be hosted Without your permission. These are faster than Shared Hosting. They cost you around Rs.10000 to Rs30000 yearly.
–Cloud Hosting is the best hosting as per traffic handling and speed but comes very high price websites like Amazon, Flipkart, and News Websites use this hosting as they drive traffic from all over the world.
So the normal couldn’t bear the load of that traffic that’s why cloud hosting is preferred. It comes in the price range of around Rs.30000 to Rs.100000 depending upon the service provider and their plans.
3. Designing Cost
Website Designing is also very important as other website features and functions. It is a 1-time cost service. There are two ways of designing a website-
- Buy a ready-made template and customize it according to clients’ needs and brand. This type of design costs you less and prepared in a very short time. This kind of Website designing costs around Rs.4000 to Rs.10000 varies on the Designer and agencies. Designing cost varies from design to design.
- The other way of designing is to create a complete website from a scratch, which highly charged by the designers, as they require time and creative skill to design a website from 0.
There are various things they have to keep in mind, navigation, color scheme, posters and banners, icons which they have designed by themselves only. The cost of such designs varies from Rs.30,000 to 1Lakhs. But again Prices vary according to designers and company.
4. CMS( Content Management System )
There are two kinds of the website-
A- Static, which by name means website content does not change frequently. They are not in very trend right now as the business environment changes regularly. So no one prefers to have a Static Website.
B- Dynamic, their content gets updated regularly. So when you choose to build a site where your content update often, choose a good CMS platform as I assume not everyone can have knowledge of coding.
- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal are free CMS platforms in the market. You will need a CMS to change the content of a website or application without disturbing the structure. These CMS solve simple aspects of your website.
- When you want extraordinary engagement with your customer, then these CMS are of no use. Then you have to go for a Custom made CMS, which is built from scratch with a team of developers which will cost you near something around 70k-80k to 1.5 0r 2 lakhs in India. These are much higher in Foreign countries.
5. Responsive Webpages
Responsive webpages mean webpages open seamlessly according to screen size on any device.
According to Google, it is a Ranking factor of the website to rank higher on search engines. In India, Companies charge an additional Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 for websites that have 10 to 15 pages.
For bigger websites, the cost will go higher as per page count.
6. E-commerce Extension
Creating an e-commerce website or expanding your business website to eCommerce will cost you additional money.
The developer will need to add a shopping cart application and catalog of your products to your website.
He will also have to add a payment gateway where users can pay money for your product. Adding these features to a website costs around Rs.10,000 to Rs.50,000.
7. Social media Integration
Social media is the most influencing factor in Digital Marketing and Outreach. Billions of people use social media in the present time.
Your social media accounts create bookmarks and search engine gives priority to websites attached to them. There are many social media platforms likes Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. There are many others.
Therefore social media cannot be ignored in the present time as it creates a high opportunity of getting business in out showing your services and products to the audience.
Integrating Social media accounts could charge you around Rs.2000 to Rs.5000 in India. Depending upon the company and Web developer.
8. SEO (Search Engine Cost )
Your website is just like a toy if no one visiting it…. The main and next step to draw your visitor’s and customers’ attention to your website. And there the role of Seo comes in.
SEO is a technique by which you allow search engines to index your web pages with relevant keywords of your business so that search engines can send users to your website.
This will make your website appear before the customers when they search for businesses like yours.
This is an optional but critical website cost. SEO optimization in India will cost anywhere between INR 20,000 to 55,000/-. SEO services are offered in packages.
These packages offer you a range of options including on-site SEO, off-site SEO, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, or a mix. The SEO impact on business will need at least 6 months.
9. Some other Website Development Cost
- Website Content– Normally in India people prefer giving their own content but if they hire any content writer for professional content that is according to SEO and attract their customers, a Content writer charges Rs.1000 to Rs.5000 for a single page depending upon his skill and brand.
- Setting E-mail Newsletter– Businesses got to send newsletters to their customers or got to advertise using newsletters. it’s a sort of list service. These services are often availed separately with the likes of Mailchimp etc. Integrating newsletter application services into your website may cost you counting on the sort of newsletter service you would like. this may form your optional website cost. Newsletters are often wont to target anonymous, subscribers or customers for business updates. you’ll utilize the newsletter to create a community.
- Clean and Smart Navigation – Clean and consistent navigation structure is that the backbone of an honest website design. It allows your visitors to predict where they might find certain information. Building such a clean navigator needs a careful understanding of human behavior and adaptation to such structuring.
Building such customized navigation adds to website cost. for instance, opting to possess a sensible collapsible menu will cost you more.
If you include images and icons within the menu/navigation design, it costs you, dear. Smart menu / unique navigation may cost you from INR 1,000 to 5,000/- counting on the complexity of the navigation menu.
10. Custom Functionality in Website
Apart from typical website functionality, any additional functionality to an internet site will cost you separately counting on the complexity of functionality and its integration with the mother website.
For instance, if you wish to feature a scheduled discussion forum or scheduled chat to your website where subject experts will answer your customer’s query, then you’ll have expectorated extra money for this feature on your website.
- SSL Certificates – For an additional layer of security to your website. Some hosting providers provide SSL Certificates for Free but several hosting providers charge Rs.129 to Rs.249/month for this Certificate and additional services.
- Professional Emails– For a Professional impact on your Business and Website. Some hosting providers provide Business Emails for Free but several hosting providers charge Rs.49 to Rs.299/month for these E-mails and additional services.
- Custom Logo Design – Logo is the identity of your Brand and Business. A Skilled Indian Graphic designer costs Rs.1000 to Rs.5000 for a custom logo. The Prices may vary according to the logotype.
- Banner and Sliders– These cost you around Rs.700 to Rs.1500 in India. The prices may extend due to the complexity and amount of time required to design it.
- Icons and GIF images– These costs depend upon their numbers. Normally designers charge from Rs.500 to Rs.1500 for 10 icons.
- Info-graphics– These are graphical information that conveys information and data through graphics. For this type of work Graphic designer cost about Rs.1500 to Rs.5000 for a single graphic.
- Premium fonts– Mostly these are not preferred people use google fonts. But if someone interested in using premium fonts they come with their respective costs starts from Rs.250-300 and goes on with their brand
- Customized videos for youtube– It cost around Rs.5000 to Rs.20-25k.
- Annual maintenance cost (AMC)– Depends on the developer or company. Normal charges are in India is Rs.20,000 to Rs.40,000.
The above Costs are just to make you aware of the pricing of elements required for a website building.
Sources of Buying A Website
- There are many options for buying a website depending on your budget. You can buy them from these sources –
- Freelance developer
- Free Website builders or Website Builder services
- Software development agency
- Custom Website Developer
2. Buying from Freelance web developers will cost you around Rs.5000 to Rs.50000 depending upon functionality and pages. You can find them on-
- the creative group
3. Website builders are the software that makes a website very easily and less duration time. Most famous Website builders are-
Note – These websites are not portable when you wish to leave the platform you would not be able to take a backup of your website. You will not be able to take a backup of the source file and database.
You will get these options for e-commerce websites-
Buying from a software development company will cost you much higher than that of freelancers and Website builders.
This will totally could cost you around Rs.1,50,000 and there is no upper limit.
Buying from a custom Website Developer will also cost you the same as software development companies but they can work for you in a range of Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.2,50,000
I’m hoping that you can now estimate the cost of the website that suits your business preferences and needs. To sum up you can expect Rs.20,000 to Rs.200,000 for any kind of business website development cost in India.
If you still have any kind of doubt you can ask us as we are one of the top Website designing companies in India, we can surely help you with this.