Are you looking for a platform to narrate your business story and at the same time spread the word about your business? Want to know how to promote a business through social media? You must be hearing about different digital marketing methods like Search Engine Optimization, paid ads, Pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, and many more.
Each technique has its relevance, pros, and cons. But if you are looking for the effective narrator of your brand story, then social media marketing should be your first choice. Social media is a great way to reach the target audience, capture valuable traffic, prove the worthiness of your business and build connections with customers and other businesses.
Many businesses are existing due to social media while many have still not realized the powers of social media. In this blog, we will talk about how social media can lift your business to great heights.
Before that you need to consider certain things like choosing a unique username, using the right tags, using the right images, choosing the right platform, producing valuable content, remaining active on social media platforms, and many more.
So, now go through the article promote a business through social media platforms
- Make a fully optimized and attractive profile
Do you know how important it is to develop a fully optimized profile across different social media platforms? Your profile must be well-designed, descriptive, and attractive.
While optimizing your profile, keep the following things in your mind:
- Make sure you are using the same picture or logo as your profile picture across different social media platforms.
- In the about section, add links to other social media platforms and websites.
- Right, a summary or the description based on the requirement of different social media platforms. For example, LinkedIn asks for a good summary while Instagram look for short words in the bio section.
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn supports visual content. Make sure you are developing valuable visual content with equally interesting written content.
- Using relevant hashtags is a must. You cannot consider posting without adding relevant hashtags. These hashtags enhance your reach and bring the right audience to your posts.
- Choose a unique username for your brand. It should be easy to pronounce, write and understand.
- Your profile description should be optimized with the relevant keywords to enhance your reach.
- Create your hashtag. Before posting makes sure you have developed your hashtag. Add your hashtag and other relevant tags at the foot of the post.
- The same theme and colours should be used on different social media platforms.
2. What not to do?
- Using different profile pictures across different social media platforms. This would disturb the process of brand awareness as brand recognition could be less due to the absence of uniformity.
- The summary or description should not be long and boring.
- Don’t use too many hashtags.
- Be unique, be yourself, don’t try to imitate your competitor.
Building an optimized and attractive profile is important. Your profile is going to be the first impression and as we all know ‘first impression is the last impression’. And on social media platforms, this works very well.
3. Choose a right platform
Understand the nature of your business and then choose the right social media platform for your business. Several social media platforms are available in the digital market, the task is to promote a business through social media
Different social media platforms offer different benefits and prefer different types of content. Facebook, Instagram prefer visual content while LinkedIn runs on written content. It nowhere means you cannot post written content on Facebook or Instagram or visual content on LinkedIn. All you need to do is plan the structure and produce according to the social media site.
It is not necessary to get crazy behind one platform. Understand the importance of each site and analyze the value added by them and then choose your favorite platform. You can consider being a bit partial towards the favorite platform, owing to the value it is adding to the growth of the business.
Also, you should not run behind every small and big social to promote a business through social media. At the initial level, choose 4-5 platforms and remain updated with the performance of your content on each platform.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind while choosing a social media platform is the target audience. The platform that brings the maximum share of the target audience should be given preference. What matters is the quality of traffic and not the quantity.
4. Produce engaging content
Social media runs on content. You will get results based on what you are serving on the platter. Both visual and written content should be engaging. Along with promoting a business through social media, try to connect with your audience by organizing online contests or giveaways, by asking their opinion in the comment box.
Make sure you are moving according to the trend. Also, no one has stopped you from bringing new trends on the social media platform. These days reels and short videos are gaining prominence on Instagram, you can consider making interesting reels.
You can also offer content through stories. Nowadays, every social media platform has a feature of posting stories. You can post polls or quiz through stories to engage the audience. You can also create engagement in the comment section or live videos. Social media welcomes different trends and you can always choose unique ways to promote a business through social media.
It should be effective.
5. Use the best and interactive visuals for the video content
Visual content is the best way to interact with the audience. The video content should be interactive. This makes the user connected with your business. An attractive and interactive visual content can multiply the chances of growth of your business.
Make a promotional video with the trendy concept. It should entertain the users and at the same time trigger them to buy your product. If not, at least visit your page.
It is not easy to create relevant and entertaining content in the beginning. You can always consider getting professional services. Many companies or freelancers offer social media marketing management services. Make sure you are considering the needs and requirements of your business before selecting a company.
6. Plan your content strategy
I strongly believe social media marketing, like traditional marketing, is nothing without a defined strategy. Imagine posting content on different social media platforms without any pattern or schedule. Posting frequently or not posting in months can be the consequences of not making strategy.
The best thing you can do is make a strategy for different social media platforms and produce the content as per the demand of the platform. You can also consider posting uniform content across different social media platforms if you think it can work and learn how to promote a business through social media
You can also schedule posting on different platforms instead of posting on each platform. Several applications like Sked Social, Buffer Publish, Tailwind can help. Preparing posts beforehand enables you to come up with great content.
So, it is better to make strategies, produce the content accordingly and schedule posts.
7. Engage with your audience
Engagement is the key to success on social media. Imagine posting content on social media platforms but people are not liking or not getting engaged with it. Did it serve any purpose now? Absolutely, No. Therefore, engagement is very important. I repeat, very important.
If your content is engaging, people would share it with their friends and ultimately your reach will be enhanced. It also adds to the goodwill of the company and people become fond of your content. You can also build regular customers by creating highly engaging content.
Along with creating engaging content, it is the responsibility of the social media managers to interact with the audience and keep them engaged. Make them comfortable, answer their queries and serve value.
Also, social media managers should be capable enough to deal with both positive and negative comments. Many-a-times people pass negative comments. If positive reviews are appreciated, make sure negative reviews are also receiving polite replies. They are also a part of the market. And remember, a customer can make or break a business.
8. Provide value
Producers sell what customers want. The market has become customer-oriented and catering to the needs of customers is a must. The same is the case with social media. You cannot create ordinary content and expect engagement. If you want extraordinary performance, you have to offer something out-of-the-box to promote a business through social media
9. Give them what they want. Your content should be what they are looking for. And make sure you are offering something better than your competitors.
Understand the need of your target audience and then create something that should trigger their interest. It should provide the knowledge or entertain them. You can use the latest memes or trending videos to serve something amazing and to promote a business through social media
This is why people consider following your accounts on social media. Make sure they visit other social media platforms and follow your account. This could be done only if you offer extraordinary content.
We won’t mind labeling social media a goldmine of customers. You can run an extraordinary social media campaign and connect with people. Also, you can make a strong customer base for your business.
10. Building Fans, not just zombie followers
I repeat build fans and not zombie followers. Your focus should not be on increasing the number of followers on social media accounts. You should focus on increasing the quality traffic on your social media accounts as well as your website. Find your target audience and produce content for them to increase the number.
Find people who can add value to your work. Genuine followers share your content, spread a word of mouth and bring new followers. Zombie followers are of no use and add zero value to the work. It is advisable to find your audience and try your best to reach them to promote a business through social media
This could be done only by creating valuable content. Content brings followers and followers bring more followers.
11. Use different platforms to get a diverse audience
As we already said, the digital market is full of different social media platforms. All you need to do is choose the right platform or the right combination of platforms to promote a business through social media
Also, different social media platforms offer diverse audiences. The sites like Facebook, Instagram, Quora can offer a mixed audience, while applications like LinkedIn can offer a professional audience. You just have to find like-minded people on every platform.
Now we will be talking about different social media platforms from where you can generate your target audience.
- Quora- Quora is a question-answer platform. Here you will find questions on planets or make-up products. You must have got an idea that the platform caters to almost every question. People answer the questions on Quora and build networks. That’s what you have to do. Provide solutions to other people’s queries and promote your website or brand or business in turn.
- Reddit- Reddit is a social news platform where people can vote and discuss the content uploaded by other people. Here you can either comment on other’s content or publish your content and create engagement. This is a great way of building a network and promote a business through social media.
- Facebook groups- Facebook is forever. It is not going to lose its charm. Earlier, it was used for entertainment purposes, now people use it for running and promote a business through social media. A bunch of like-minded people build groups and share content. People build connections through Facebook groups.
- LinkedIn- LinkedIn is a professional platform. People from different professional backgrounds get connected with others. Almost, every company has marked their presence on LinkedIn. The companies are hiring employees from LinkedIn. People are finding business partners on LinkedIn. You just have to offer something valuable and knowledgeable to grab the attention of the users. LinkedIn is a budding platform but has a good growth perspective.
Targeting community platforms is a great idea. Here you can find people with the same interests without much effort. You can build connections with people who can add value to your work. You can get connected with other businesses or find customers for your business. You can get a whole lot of knowledge through these platforms. You also get a chance to display your knowledge in front of many people.
So, choosing to target community platforms to build connections and promote a business is a fruitful idea, if executed properly.
12. Use the immense power of paid ads
Before we talk about the benefits of using paid ads on social media, let’s talk about some numerical points in favor of paid ads.
More than 2 billion people use social media every day and an average person spends 135 minutes per day on different social media platforms. And during the lockdown, the usage of social media has risen. The number of small business advertising has reached 50 million. You must have got an answer to why paid advertising is a great idea for social media.
Paid advertising is different from traditional marketing. You can reach your target audience with ease. You can analyze the performance of your paid ads and invest accordingly and great way to promote a business through social media.
Here is why you should go for paid advertising on social media.
- It helps in increasing brand awareness and eventually amplifies the reach of your business.
- The results are extraordinary and charges are not even ordinary. This is a cost-effective method of promoting a business through social media.
- People love paid advertising as it helps them in finding and reaching their target audience easily.
- Another reason to fall in love is, it will create brand recognition which in turn would boost brand awareness.
- Think of the best way to distribute your content! Social media, right? Social media is an impeccable source of distributing audio, video and written content. It provides you with the best platform for maximizing content marketing.
- Mobile users can have access to it. People don’t bother opening laptops for running social media.
- Native analytics within social media provides you with the performance of your ads. You will be apprised with the ads that perform better.
Social media is one of the best digital methods of promoting a business. More than 2 billion people use social media every day, therefore, you can imagine the growth prospects. All you need is the right strategy engaging content, and the game is yours.
Social media helps you in building connections and promoting your brand effectively as well as efficiently. Paid social media is even better. It amplifies your reach, enhances targeting and yield better results. If you haven’t marked your presence on social media, do it now.
It is recommended to take professional services at the initial level. Consider the working style and needs of your business before selecting a company. Choosing the traffic tail for social media marketing services is a great idea. We provide premium quality services at affordable prices. We treat our clients like family and keep suggesting them different methods of growing their business.
So, now go through the article to promote a business through social media