Online tuition has become a new normal in the education system. This pandemic has brought substantial change to our lifestyle. People are expected to continue their work through online modes. Even schooling and learning found a home on the internet. Before knowing about How to start online tuition at home, you should have knowledge about the tutoring sector.
There are different online tutoring platforms like Unacademy, Udemy, and many more. These platforms have gained popularity and even private tutors are developing these days. We, at traffic tail, help you in growing your tuitions using different techniques of digital marketing.
Growth of the tutoring sector
If you are planning to begin your online tuition, then this is the right time. It is one of the most profitable businesses in India. During the pandemic, the fondness and necessity for online tutors have shown a rising trend. The number of students paying and opting for online education is expected to rise to 9.6 million. Apart from the pandemic, other reasons behind the growth of online tutoring include-
- Parents want personalized attention for their children and most of the time schools lag in providing attention to every student.
- Many schools do not have the required infrastructure, and therefore, are not able to support quality education.
- These days schools fail in hiring trained professionals. Teachers focus on making money, rather than focusing on providing quality education.
- It has removed geographical barriers. You have enhanced reach and you can find students from all over the world. This is beneficial for students as well.
- Online tutoring enables the heavy exchange of information and content among the students and teachers.
- This has solved the problem of personal attention and time barriers.
- These are the reasons why online tutoring is gaining immense popularity. By starting online tuitions and building a reputation you can easily earn an Rs. 1000- Rs. 5000 per hour, depending on your capabilities.
Things to Keep in mind before starting a teaching career
If you want to become a teacher, there are a few things that you should keep in the mind-
The subject of Specialization- One of the most important things to be considered is the subject of your specialization. You need to select a subject in which you can teach and solve the doubts of your students.
• Flexibility– If you are planning to start online tutoring, make sure you are flexible enough to teach according to the schedule of students. This doesn’t mean you can neglect your comfort. It simply means that you need to develop an adjustable attitude towards work.
• Manage schedule– Is it possible to work for the entire day? “No” is the definite answer. No one can work for the entire day. Therefore, you need to adjust your schedule accordingly. You should impart time in teaching and gathering knowledge. Apart from that, you should try to spare some time for yourself.
• Set your rate– When you begin as an online tutor you must set your rates. The best way is to set them on an hour-basis. Before setting your rate, you need to check, whether you are teaching junior class or senior, the rate is reasonable, are satisfied with your income. After getting satisfactory answers to these questions, you should set your rates.
If you want to become a teacher, there are a few things that you should keep in mind-
Online tutoring is one of the best methods of earning from home. It can be considered an ideal job for housewives or retired people. Therefore, here is a list of a few goals one should achieve through online tutoring-
- Income– Income is one of the most important factors in starting online tutoring. You need to set a goal of how much you are expecting from online tutoring. Another reason could be, you are aiming to earn extra income.
- Your convenience matters– People prefer online tutoring because it is a convenient method of earning. You can sit at your home and earn a sizeable amount.
- Help Weak students– This should be your agenda. Usually, teachers prefer intelligent students, because they want to enhance their goodwill by showcasing good results.
- Focus on your development– You can improve your skills while teaching. Students come up with doubts that can help them in brainstorming and researching answers if they do not know. This is how you can enhance your skills.
How to start Online tuitions?
Now you are well-acquainted with the benefits associated with online tuitions. This blog includes a stepwise guide to start online tutoring at home. We’ll be covering the required information related to online tutoring.
Step 1– Choose your subject
The first step is to choose the subject. You need to check your abilities and choose your subject wisely. It would be better if you choose the subject of your interest or hold expertise.
Step 2– Arrange hardware and internet connectivity
If you are planning to start online tutoring at home the first thing you need to possess is a good laptop or computer system with standard configurations. Make sure you have good internet connectivity. It is one of the basic requirements for starting online tutoring at home. Internet sources must be reliable.
The features of the laptop that suit best for online tutoring includes-
• Type– PC or Mac
• Hard drive– 256GB SSD or higher
• I/O ports– Two USB 3.0 ports
• Processor– Intel Core i5 or i7 or AMD equivalent
• Memory– 8GB or higher PC / 16 GB or higher for Mac
• Display– 13 or larger, especially if the subjects are comprised of a lot of diagrams and graphs
Step 3– Create an Online Presence
So, you have decided to start online tutoring at home. How are you going to promote your classes? You have chosen your subject, arranged for computer and laptop, the next step is to inform people.
In this step, you will need to spread the word about your business. For those purposes, you need to create an online presence and have to know some facts about How to start online tuition at home.
You can create your presence on different social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn. You can also create a website to enjoy heavy reach on website. You can also contact digital marketing agencies to guide you from scratch to end. This is the best way of getting students.
Step 4– Prepare for online tuitions
After creating an online presence, the next step is to prepare for online classes. This is how you can prepare for your online tuitions-
- The first step is to make sure that the tutor should sit in a room that has proper lighting. The room should have decent arrangements so that students should not get distracted.
- The tutor should make sure that they have face-to-face video conferencing using different platforms like Google Meet, Zoom, JioMeet, and many more. Having face-to-face interaction allows students to have a direct connection with students.
- The tutor should speak in a cheerful and motivating tone. He should make sure that students should hear the uninterrupted voice of the tutor. The tutor should sit in an appropriate position and maintain the interest of the students.
- The tutors can either have a whiteboard or prepare a slideshow for the students. They should choose according to their comfort. The main aim is to deliver the content with the utmost clarity. The students should understand the concept.
- Tutors should also create a group on social media accounts to take the queries of the students. They should remain active and answer the queries of students. This would add to the reputation of the teacher.
- The tutor should regularly share files and relevant matters.
- The tutor should remain in touch with students during the class. He should maintain a check on students by checking their homework, assignments.
This is how a tutor can prepare for online classes. They can also arrange for small games in case of kids.
Step 5– Assess your finance
Starting an online business does not require heavy investments. You need to spend on a laptop or marketing. The cost of the laptop would be around Rs. 50,000. This is a one-time investment. Marketing expenses depend on the tutor. Usually, the tutor does not prefer to spend heavily on marketing and instead chooses cost-effective methods of promoting their classes.
The next financial matter is the fees. Since the classes are online, payments are also done online. Usually, tutors charge on an hourly basis. But if they choose other duration like weekly or on monthly basis, tutors can set a payment tracker for business. Tutors can avoid the headache of payment and focus on teaching.
The cost of the course depends on the level. The fees for graduates and postgraduates are comparatively higher than school students.
Step 6– Advertising About the classes
Now the business is set, the last step is to advertise. The tutor can advertise their business through newspapers, social media pages like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn. You can also do it through word of mouth. Investing in services like Google AdWords can help. Tutors can follow different techniques for advertising their online tuitions.
Now you went through a stepwise guide of starting private tuitions at home. Here is an alternate for you. You can do it by getting associated with various online tutoring websites that include–
- WONK– It is the largest online and home tutoring site in India and across 5 continents. All you need to do is register yourself with the site and possess minimum qualifications that include-
- Good communication skills
- Graduates are preferred but 12th pass can also register
- Subject-matter expertise
- Proficient enough to use internet tools to teach students
2. Preply– Preply offers part-time online teaching jobs from home. It teaches more than 100 subjects. Therefore, the scope is substantial. You can earn heavily through Preply. All you need to do is build a strong profile and offer supreme quality education.
3. Trivium– Trivium is one of the best online tutoring websites in India. They offer high-quality services due to which the minimum requirements for teaching school students are a bachelor’s degree and for college students master’s degree or Ph.D. in the concerned subject.
4. LearnPick– LearnPick is also a leading platform for online tutoring. The best quality of LearnPick is that it allows tutors to teach according to their time. So, if you have time issues this is the best place for you.
5. Vedantu– Vedantu provides high-quality education. It allows students to get associated with India’s best-curated teachers. The teacher can give personalized teaching using two-way audio, video, and whiteboarding tools. They can conversate and clear doubts then and there.
Do you know?
• Demand for online tuition is soaring
• Online learning has become a lifeline for some people.
• Byju’s have launched online private tuition classes
• It is a cost-effective medium for providing education.
How do you think students are going to find your site appealing? The answer is your USP. This point covers the importance of introducing unique and innovative techniques to fetch more students. You need to provide something out-of-the-box to run your classes effectively and efficiently.
So, before beginning with online tutoring, research your competitors and then plan accordingly what you can provide to your students.
How digital marketing agency can help?
Starting online tutoring at home is not hard. All you need to have is reliable hardware and complete knowledge of the subject you are teaching. Also, you must be starting with a low budget. This is how digital marketing agencies can help in growing your business by using affordable techniques.
- Listing on Google places– It is the list of local businesses displayed on Google. When people search for businesses online by adding the name of the location, your business becomes visible.
- Getting a website– Building a professional website has become a new norm. Every business chooses to digitalize its business by developing a website. Using your website appropriately can help you in getting more students.
- Online tutor directories– You can also get your names registered on online tutor directories. Many-a-times people use online directories to find tutors.
1. Start the class with enthusiasm
2. Try to develop rapport with students
3. Be available for students
4. Respond quickly and effectively
5. Do not forget to optimize your social media accounts.
A digital marketing agency can guide you from scratch to end. All you need to do is choose your perfect fit. Choose the agency that fits your budget and complies with your working style.
You can also read different blogs on How to start online tuition at home. Blogs provide you more and more information for a better starting.
Online tutoring is a convenient mode of seeking education. It has Round clock availability and students can get personalized attention. The most advantageous point of online education is the global reach.
Students can receive a quality education from highly trained professionals and teachers can earn conveniently. All you need is the right marketing for your online tuitions. For those purposes, get associated with Traffic tail and get more information about “How to start online tuition at home“. We can assist in lifting your business to great heights.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques. 1 How do I set up online tuition at home?
Ans. You need to follow this stepwise guide to start online tuition at home-
- Choose your subject
- Arrange for reliable hardware
- Set course pattern
- Choose the online platform to sell your course or if you wish to do it individually start your website
- ‘Market your services
Ques. 2- How much do online tutors earn?
Ans. The salary of tutors varies based on the platform, reputation, and abilities. If you are planning to depend on private tuitions that depends on you, how much you are going to charge for your services.
Ques. 3- Does online tutoring work?
Ans. Yes, online tutoring works efficiently and effectively.
Ques. 4- Is online tutoring safe?
Ans. Yes, online tutoring is safe but there are few shortcomings. Some tutors are fraud and some students are not genuine. So, both parties should choose cautiously.
Ques. 5- Can digital marketing agencies help in promoting my tuition classes?
Ans. Yes, digital marketing companies can help in lifting your business to great heights. All you need to do is find the right agency for you.
Ques. 6- What are the best websites to start online tutoring?
Ans. Here is a list of the websites through which you can start online tutoring-