Top 10 SEO Audit Tools : Which are the best SEO audit tools you need to improve your website? All digital marketers should conduct audits to identify and solve issues that can influence your search rankings. Going through all your pages free-handedly could take a long time. SEO audits help speed up the process and ensures that all elements are reviewed. We have reviewed the 10 best SEO audit tools and how they can help boost your search engine performance.
Top 10 SEO Audit Tools
1. Google search console
Google search console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in google search results. It permits you to monitor and, in some cases, resolve server errors, website load problems, and security problems like hacking and malware.
- Google search console offers tools and reports that help its users to diagnose some of the most common technical SEO issues.
- The Core Web Vitals report lets the user determine how your pages perform based on real-world data.
- The Mobile Usability report analyses your mobile web content to make sure that they’re mobile-friendly.
- Using the URL Inspection feature, the user can review specific URLs to review indemnity, mobile usability, and other issues.
- If any issues arise, Google will include a list of affected pages, the specific issue, and some steps to take to resolve it. After resolving the issue, you complete The google validation process to confirm that it’s indeed fixed.
- Google Search Console doesn’t give a way to commence sitewide crawls on demand, so it is less efficient than other SEO audit tools.
Google search console is a free service. All you need to do is verify ownership of your site to access Google search data.
2. SEMrush Site Audit Tool
SEMrush elevates dozens of audit tools covering everything from keyword research to rank tracking. It is the World’s most trusted, popular, and powerful search engine marketing software. It delivers its capabilities through a single site audit tool that detects over 130 technical and ON-page SEO issues.
- SEMrush Site Audit tool trails your website pages to access technical SEO issues and provide you with a recapitulation of your site’s performance.
- The main difference between SEMrush and other tools lies in their dash boarding and reporting capabilities.
- It offers thematic and custom reports that users can access, specific to one aspect of technical SEO.
- The tool additionally points out the highest technical problems impacting performance, which makes it simple for digital marketers to prioritize their improvement progress.
- SEMrush offers free and paid versions of the platform. SEMrush will allow you to audit 100 web pages.
- The basic subscription starts at $99.95per month. SEMrush is an all-in-one tool for marketers, so, in defiance of the inflated price tag, there’s a lot of additional value beyond technical SEO auditing.
3. SiteChecker Pro
Site Checker Pro is a cloud-based web crawler that allows you to identify any technical SEO issues facing your websites. The platform has a wide range of other SEO features, including rank tracking, site monitoring, and backlink tracking.
- Site Checker Pro gives you great control when performing SEO audits. The user can schedule crawls in advance, and there are plenty of filters to exclude certain categories and pages from the audit.
- Each audit provides an overall site score and a detailed list of site-level and page-level issues.
- When issues arise from your site, the software sends you an email notification with the details so that you can make the necessary changes quickly.
- It also monitors your performance every day and sums up updates to your to-do list to address.
- Another amazing part of Site Checker is its extensive how-to guides.
Site Checker Pro is a paid SEO audit software. It has three plans;
- Basic: $29 per month
- Startup: $49 per month
- Growing: $99 per month
Each plan comes with unlimited site audit reports and other features like local rank tracking and all-day site monitoring, daily rank tracking, backlink tracking, and more. It offers a 7-day free trial to test the program.
4. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is an SEO audit software that helps extract and audit data for the user to fix SEO issues and improve the on-site SEO. It analyzes websites of any size and delivers technical SEO recommendations to users.
- Screaming Frog finds broken links and similar content, redirects, and analyzes metadata and site architecture.
- The tool also shows URLs blocked by robots.
- With Screaming Frog, you can quickly create XML sitemaps and image XML sitemaps, with advanced configuration over which URLs to include.
- With its SEO Spider, you can schedule to run at specific intervals and automatically export the data wherever you like.
- The software allows you to connect your Google Analytics and Search Console accounts to add greater insights to your reports.
- Screaming Frog runs a desktop app, and the user interface is less intuitive than other SEO audit platforms.
- SEO Spider has both free and paid versions. The free edition has a 500 URL crawl limit and no limit on the paid edition.
- The paid edition gives you access to all the tool’s features, including the ability to crawl unlimited pages.
- The paid edition costs $199 per year.
5. SE ranking Website Audit
SE ranking is an SEO software that includes a website technical audit tool. This audit tool gives you all the features needed to review your site’s key search factors.
- SE ranking SEO audit tool lets you induct audits from your account by simply entering the website URL.
- It can crawl up to 1000 pages in two minutes, and the results are systemized into an overview report.
- You can view the score, the number of pages crawled, the top five issues you need to optimize your site’s SEO, and more.
- The software includes multiple reports giving more detail into the audit result.
- SE ranking lets you generate an XML sitemap to let Google know which pages it should crawl.
- SE ranking is a paid tool that needs signing up for a plan that includes all the software’s SEO features to use the web audit tool.
- The SEO tool has three plans; Essential, Pro and Business. You can choose daily, every three days, or weekly for ranking check frequency.
- You get a free trial to test the platform for 14 days when you first sign up. During the trial, you can audit up to 5,000 pages in total.
6. Ahrefs SEO site Audit tool
Ahrefs SEO site audit tool provides one of the most diverse and user-friendly technical SEO audit tools. It includes tools for keyword research, rank tracking, content research, and competitor intelligence.
- Ahrefs runs entirely in the cloud. It crawls all the user’s pages to check important SEO issues such as page speed, HTML tags, incoming links, and outgoing links.
- The tool also analyzes the user’s content quality to find duplicates and pages with low word counts.
- The tool provides a general fit score for your site, charts with crawl details, as well as a list of top SEO issues.
- The user can schedule to run daily, weekly, or monthly. It will carry out the tasks automatically and save the results.
- The tool also permits the user to track the changes between previous crawls.
Ahref is a paid SEO software, so you need to sign up. There are four plans:
- Lite; $99 per month
- Standard; $179 per month
- Advanced; $399 per month
- Agency; $999 per month
The tool offers the user two months of free service when paying in monthly installments.
NightWatch is designed to help the user monitor, assess and improve the performance of your SEO campaigns. The tool is a keyword rank tracker but offers other valuable features like backlinks and website audits.
- You can categorize your audit results with filters, prioritize your most important URLs, contrast audits with historical data, and set up automated white-labeled reports.
- Nightwatch is accurate in local rank tracking capabilities. Once your site audit is completed, you can track how it affects your search engine visibility by monitoring your daily rankings across all major search engines.
NightWatch is a paid SEO. Plans start at $32 per month. When paid annually, NightWatch offers a 14-day free trial.
JetOctopus is a full-service SEO website crawler and auditor that helps you get valuable on-page data on every URL and improve SEO performance. JetOctopus is a cloud-based crawler with remarkable technical predominance.
- JetOctopus has more of a learning curve than other tools and might not be the best choice for beginners. However, it has advanced features.
- This SEO offers lightning-fast crawling speeds and can handle any page volume without slowing down.
- It also helps you handle big data easily with segments.
- JetOctopus lets you crawl 200 pages per second, 10,000 pages per minute.
JetOctopus offers flexible pricing based on page volume starting from $176 per month.
9. PageSpeed Insights
Pagespeed Insights reports on the user experience of a page on both mobile and desktop devices and provides suggestions on how that page may be improved. This tool classifies the quality of user experiences into three buckets; good, needs improvement, or poor.
- Pagespeed Insights focuses on loading times as well as user experiences. The audit report is divided into three sections; passed audits, diagnostics, and opportunities.
- Passed audits list all SEO elements where the URL performs.
- Diagnostics details specific aspects of your page performance and recommendations to optimize those elements.
- Opportunities list the factors most affecting your website performance and yield the greatest benefit if corrected.
- Pagespeed doesn’t provide the ability to manipulate and compare data like other SEO audit tools.
Pagespeed is a free SEO audit tool.
10. Google Lighthouse
Google Lighthouse is an open-source tool for boosting the SEO quality of your website pages. Google Lighthouse is run within ChromeDevTools, as a Node module, or from your command line. To conduct an audit, you must steer to the web page you want to analyze. You can run the audit and view the results while still on the page.
Google Lighthouse is good for scanning individual pages but could be more efficient in multiple auditing pages. It provides a score ranging from 0 to 100 in performance, accessibility, best practices, and SEO.
Google Lighthouse is a free SEO audit software. To use the software, you download a Chrome extension and go to the page to analyze.
All the above tools are making it easier for marketers to optimize their websites. SEO has become more zealous and available. Everyone has choices and preferences for monitoring and maintaining their websites.
Check out some of the tools in this guide that are better and most desirable to you. Some of the SEO tools work together to make maintaining your websites healthy. And if you are looking for the best SEO service company then Traffic Tail is perfect for you.